Litter picking is a regular activity for the group. Here are some highlights from the various litter picking sessions
- April 2021 – Hobson Drive Park
- First Action Hour litter pick of the year
- 5 people, 1 hour, 8 bags of rubbish!
- Also found a large gas cylinder and a stool
- April 2021 – West Park Nature Reserve
- Rescued 3 shopping trolleys, a pushchair, beer keg and rubbish from the pond
- January 2021 – Borrow Wood Park
- After the tree planting session we collected 4 bags of rubbish!
- November 2020 – West Park Nature Reserve
- Two people, two hours, ten bags of rubbish!
- West Park Meadows has had a lovely autumn clean we even scrubbed the interpretation boards and pruned back some of the trees growing over them.
- What did we find? 25 disposable masks , umpteen beer cans (we lost count!), a bike frame , firework debris , 15 bags of poo , gazillions of plastic sweet wrappers , shopping baskets , and a partridge in a pear tree
- October 2020 – Brunswood Park
- Litter picking on Brunswood park
- Collecting a dozen bags of rubbish, an old bed frame, shopping basket, clock and a cuddly toy
- September 2020 – Great British September Clean
- Litter picking on WIlliowcroft Road Park, the Village center and Sensory Garden
- Collecting 20 bags of rubbish, three burst football, a wheel-less scooter and half a skateboard
|2021||12 so far…||
3 trolleys, 1 pushchair and a beer keg from West Park pond.
|2020||42||Lots of face masks, beer cans, poo bags, shopping baskets, bed frame, clock, football, skateboard and a cuddly toy|